Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December Happenings

On Friday, we went to our ward Christmas party where our Bishop's ukulele band serenaded us with Hawaiian versions of all our favorite Christmas songs while we ate. We also met Santa.

Other than that, we're just studying for finals.(Or playing games while we should be studying:)

Yesterday, I sat in the library all morning and could not bring myself to study. So, I decided to ditch it and head to the beach for a couple hours. It was great! After the beach, I couldn't study either. I just listened and sang along to some Taylor Swift. So, I went and took my final this morning thoroughly unprepared. First time in my life. And I actually think it went rather well. Hmmm... I should've ditched studying all along for some more time at the beach.

6 comments:

  1. Janelle! Now no more of that kind of talk! (Doesn't that sound so 'Motherly'--well since I am your Mother, I think that's alright.) I guess,for you, buckling down and studying doesn't matter much anymore--but it does for Brent, so you need to be a good example. Exciting to be about done though huh!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I lost my school motivation last winter semester. So good job keeping motivated this long. Second, it looks funny to be sitting on Santa's lap in shorts and flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey good one Janelle! Jay wants to know why your santa looks different than the ones he sees in pictures. I'm gonna leave that one up to you to explain to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last comment was Joe. He's lying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janelle!
    1. You look so tan. You're going to come back all golden brown and we're all going to be like marshmallows. Good job!
    2. I'm pretty sure you are a genius and studying is for squares. Next time study AT the beach. Or would that bring something negative into your happy place.
    3. CAN'T WAIT TO SEEE YOU!
    4.I had to look up the word genius because I kept spelling it wrong.
    5. loveyoumissyoubye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could go to a Hawaiian Christmas party! And yea, I wish I could go to the beach right about now...It's freezing here!

    ReplyDelete