Thursday, February 10, 2011

Invasion

This is Howard.
Apparently Howard has decided to take up permanent residence on my blow dryer, while two of his friends seem to have moved into my closet.
I'm not sure how I feel about our new house guests. They're harmless enough, and honestly, they were to be expected. But they give me a heart attack every time I walk into the bathroom or the closet. And I'm definitely concerned for the next time I reach for my blow dryer or my Levi jacket.

Luckily, we received the good news that we can finally move into on-campus married housing at the end of February.
Hallelujah! While we will miss our nice landlord, the extra privacy of living in a house instead of an apartment complex, and especially our cute neighbor kids...
...it will be nice to save a little money on rent, have an oven and start making real food again, be closer to our friends, and live just a small jaunt away from school and the temple.

Of course, that's not to say that we won't have a lizard problem in our new apartment too...

7 comments:

  1. Great post Janelle. Everytime you post it makes me want to come to Hawaii more and more. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, your closet sounds like kind of a scary place all right:Lizards, Geckos, bugs that look like aliens.... Naming this lizard Howard kind of neutralizes the fear factor a little however. Good pictures! The neighbor kids are DARLING (what are the water balloons for?). Hopefully you will go back and visit them often. Your landlord has been nice-but then again you are nice tenants I'm sure. One more thing-be careful not to take Howard or any of his friends with you to on-campus housing. Leave them for the next tenants OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's gonna look like I just really like this post since Joey commented earlier. Oh well... Hooray for cheaper, closer housing! I'm excited for you guys. And the lizards here scare me too. At least ours stick mainly to crawling all over the outside of our house. They're so dang fast and stealth-like... I think they're planning world domination. Good luck moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a brave brave woman. I would be too freaked out to go anywhere near the closet. Us living in Hawaii would drive Adam crazy. Summer is a stressful time for him. What, with all the ants and flies and such. Are you ever afraid that they'll climb into your mouth while you sleep? I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY FOR OVENS! That is super duper exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man Janelle, I'm jealous! I want some geckos! I think that would be the coolest thing ever! Hopefully there are geckos in your new house and you can name them all and make clothes for them and what not....just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS on getting into Temple View! That is sooo amazing, wonderful and fantastic rolled into one. That makes your paradise even more paradisical -- Yea!

    You are brave -- between Howard and his friends, and then crabs too -- yikes -- all those crawly things are fun to look at in a cage, but in the world with me -- take my breath away--I'm impressed at your bravery--

    ReplyDelete