Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Fourth: Hawaiian Style

So I know this post is a bit late, but our Fourth of July celebration was perfect and I didn't want to skip blogging about it.

We slept in since Brent didn't have to go to school, then we packed up all our food, our grill, and our towels and headed to the beach with our friends. We found a big, beautiful, and secluded spot on Sunset Beach and we had the perfect setup for a long day of relaxing and playing in the sun.


With the grills cooking up hamburgers, hot dogs, and freshly speared fish, and a surfboard and body board to keep us entertained, we had quite the day at the beach. Around 5pm, we packed up and drove down the road to Turtle Bay Resort where we could watch a fireworks show against the backdrop of the beautiful Hawaiian mountains. While we waited for it to get dark, we laid out our towels, unpacked our grills, and cooked up some delicious steak and potatoes for dinner. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect way to celebrate Independence Day with some of our favorite friends.

2 comments:

  1. Freshly speared fish? That sounds AMAZING! Your fourth definitely beats mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds like you guys certainly made the MOST of your day. This will be a fondly remembered July 4th celebration. Like Nat, I was wondering about the 'freshly speared fish'. Sounds like a story we need to hear.

    ReplyDelete