I know this is going to sound so cliche, but I honestly can't believe that my tiny baby is already a month old. At two and a half weeks, he had already gained a pound and grown over 2 inches! His next appointment is in two days and then I'll know his one month stats.
Life is wonderful with little Trooper in our home. We are starting to learn more about him and understand his cues, so we're settling down into a comfortable routine (almost). Most nights he's an amazingly good baby and sleeps for over 4 hours, then I wake him up to feed him, and he goes right back to sleep for another 3 hours until it's time to wake up and start the day. At naptime, he usually either falls right to sleep or lays quietly in his crib until he gives in to his tiredness. Sometimes there's some crying, but that's to be expected.
I love to cuddle him and rock him in my arms. We just stare at each other for a good part of each day. It makes me feel good knowing how much he loves his mom. Sometimes at night we'll put him to bed and he'll start to fuss. Brent and I will get into bed and read the scriptures together or say our prayers and when Trooper hears my voice he'll get really quiet. Last night I held him until his eyes got droopy, then before I set him in his bed I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he flashed me the cutest smile. He loves us to sing to him and he loves to hear Brent play the guitar. He loves his dad to sway him and swing him since we don't have an actual baby swing to lay him in. He really is such a good little baby and he fills our home with so much joy and love.
Ok, enough with the writing. Here are the pictures I'm sure you've been waiting for.
Um, does he have cool hair or what?!?
Maybe I'm biased, but I think he looks like a little model baby. You can't really tell in pictures yet, but his eyes are turning into such a pretty blue.
Oh he's so cute.
Trooper's first day at the beach - Thanksgiving 2011.
Helping us decorate our Christmas tree.
He actually quite likes his carseat.
My baby's first baseball:)
He is a very cute little boy. Infact he is probably tied for third cuttest boy in the entire world. Tied with Gage and slightly behind Jay and Ty.
ReplyDeleteYour Bro.
Dang he is cute! I really look forward to reading your posts cause I feel like we are doing pretty much the same thing each day! I'm happy things are going well!
ReplyDeleteOk. I have a few things that need to be said:
ReplyDelete-I love the picture of him wearing the tie! Gosh it's cute.
-I totally agree about the model baby picture. His little face is just perfect.
-I love the smiling pictures. Jack was really smiley at this stage too. I don't think it's very common to be that smiley and aware yet, but I like that both of our boys were.
-I love the pictures of you too sleeping. I think that picture is a right of passage for all parents.
I think that's all. But I must say, keep these blogs coming. I love them. They make me super happy.
Thanks for the update and all of the great pictures. What a cute and happy boy you have. How great that he loves you so much and recognizes your voice and kisses (I really liked that story). And yes, he certainly does have cool hair! Life is Good :)
ReplyDeleteJanelle, he is seriously the cutest baby boy. Like seriously, he is such a doll!!! I'm dying.
ReplyDeleteThat little baseball is adorable. And glad to hear he is going to have his dad's awesome blue eyes!
ReplyDeleteHe is just such a cute kid!! I love his hair and the picture of the two of you and the baseball! Such a cute idea!! Gotta love Pinterest!!
ReplyDeleteJanelle! He is adorable! What a perfect little baby! That smiling picture is absolutely precious!
ReplyDelete