Today little man is TWO years old! It's hard to believe that he's already two, but at the same time, it seems like Troop has been a part of our family forever. Look at this cute kid.
The big news right now is that we're potty training! And he's doing great! We may even leave the house tomorrow:) Anyway, here's a cute picture from our "adventures" the past three days.
| He had stopped having accidents by this point, otherwise I would have protected my boots! |
We're celebrating with family on Saturday, so today has been low key. We did give him some Elmo bubble bath this morning and Troop experienced his very first bubble bath. Loved it. Oh, and he got donuts and chocolate milk for breakfast this morning. Pretty special.
Troop is becoming a bit more stubborn and doesn't like to be told what to do, but the "terrible twos" haven't seemed to really hit yet. He's a sweet kid. Always the talker, he can communicate pretty much whatever he wants to through words. When he hears something he puts his hand to his hear and says "Listen! You hear that?" He has all his favorite songs and books memorized and fills in lines and words whenever he has the chance. He's really starting to sing more; making up his own songs and today he sang almost the whole chorus of "I am a child of God" by himself just out of the blue. He LOVES dance parties with mom and dad and jumping on the furniture. He's a little daredevil and just yesterday tried and perfected a 180 twist as he jumps off the couch. (Sidenote: he gets the daredevil-ness from his father, who told me yesterday "You need a reminder of why you married me?" then proceeded to do a dive roll over the living room chair and across the floor. I married a stud:) Trooper loves nursery and really doesn't behave awesome in Sacrament Meeting because he just wants to get to nursery. He learned to recognize the prophet during General Conference and whenever we drive by a big building he says "Temple going there someday!" He has also started saying his own nighttime prayers with our help and likes to thank Heavenly Father for his cousins and chocolate milk. He loves to count everything and can get to 12 perfectly, then gets a little mixed up in the teens, then proudly says "TWENTY!" He's also started learning his colors and has red and blue down pretty good. Green, orange, and yellow are still a bit confusing. He's still sucking his thumb when he gets tired and loves all his stuffed animals. Actually he loves anything soft. When he finds a fluff on the floor he is so delighted and rubs it on his face. We went to the Linder Farms petting zoo last month and he was trying to rub his face on all the goats and sheep and horses! We let him hold a kitten and I just about died of cuteness. He was so gentle and sweet and talked to it in a little baby voice. I need to get him a puppy. (I need to get ME a puppy!) Anyway, a few pictures and videos from the last few months.
| My cute bike riding buddy |
| Unfortunately, Troop has been going to timeout lately. But he's just so cute standing with his nose in the corner that I can't resist pulling out the camera. |
| Dad sat on the counter and had to go to timeout because that's where Trooper goes if he climbs on the counter. |
| Giving Pluto a ride on his bike |
| Quality snuggle time with Auntie Tra |
| Look at those perfect little lips! |
| He loves his Sesame Street! |
| At Chick-fil-a on our Mommy & Trooper date |
| Look at his little hands! This is how he chooses to fold his arms at prayer time too. |
| Lucky boy was spoiled with cartoons during breakfast while dad was in charge. |
| His camera ready smile |
| Halloween 2013. An ode to his beloved Pluto. |
| Headed out to the pumpkin patch. Linder Farms. |
| Troop just had to ride this train. |
So he's just the best. Makes us laugh everyday. Best two years ever. Every night before I go to bed I go in to check on my sleeping little boy and every night I'm overwhelmed with how perfect and wonderful he is. I touch his little nose and cheeks, and his little hands and feet. I made that! Well, Heavenly Father made that and now he's here with us. What a little miracle. We are so blessed.
Happy birthday Trooper Brent. We love you!
What a cute guy! Can't believe it's been two years. Happy Birthday to Trooper! Life is Good :)
ReplyDeleteYour family is just adorable. You are such a good mommy. The time out pictures made me laugh out loud. Too funny. Happy Birthday to your little Trooper! Time sure flies.
ReplyDeleteSOOOO cute!! Hope you have a beautiful celebration for his birthday!! That's so crazy.
ReplyDeleteOk, I know it's been a while since you posted this. But I never check blogger these days. But I just have to state the obvious... Trooper is so dang adorable! And such a little smarty pants. I'm so excited to see you guys this weekend. We definitely need to plan a weekend to come visit you guys in the Spring. Love ya!
ReplyDelete