Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pregnancy Round 2

Bright and early tomorrow morning we go in for our anatomy scan and much anticipated gender reveal. I'll be 19 weeks and 4 days along with Baby Lambson #2. Before that all happens, I want to take a minute to document this pregnancy so far and the thoughts and experiences I've had up to this point.

We are so so excited to be welcoming another baby into our family! My original due date was June 17th, 2014 but after the initial ultrasound at 7 weeks baby was measuring two days ahead and Dr. West moved the due date to June 15th, 2014. Father's Day! From the beginning, I've kindof had it in my head that this one is a girl... But really, I'd love to have another little boy to be Troop's best bud. Then again, a girl would be so exciting. I can't wait to find out tomorrow!! (Hopefully baby cooperates!) At my early appointments, the doctor told me the baby's fast heartbeat indicates a girl if the Old Wives' Tales are to be believed. We'll see. I really like the doctor I'm seeing, but still miss Dr. Foley and his English accent.

Morning sickness has been pretty similar to my pregnancy with Trooper, maybe a little bit worse this time around. It has definitely lasted longer! I got sick around 6 weeks and even threw up a couple times last week at 18 weeks. I've mostly been sick in the mornings when I wake up and then throughout the day if I don't keep my stomach full. I've felt pretty good this week so hopefully it has finally passed! I lost a few pounds during the first trimester and I don't think I've quite gotten back to my original weight yet. This means that my normal clothes are actually a bit big still so hopefully I'll fit in them for a good while longer before I fit into maternity clothes.

I haven't had any crazy strong cravings and my only real aversion has been to bacon. It was hard to find things that really sounded delicious to me and my appetite has been pretty small. Fruit smoothies and cold cereal have become a staple in my diet; always sounding good. I've tried to keep up with my running routine though I admit I've slacked a bit since it's been cold and icy outside. But I still try to make it out as often as mine and Brent's schedules allow. My mile pace has slowed by about a minute since becoming pregnant, but on good days I feel like my endurance has actually improved. Some days I can only jog about a half mile before round ligament pain starts to bother me so on those days I just walk. 

I have been experiencing those crazy-vivid second trimester dreams that I've heard about. Most the time I'm so glad to wake up but remember every detail of the disturbing dream. It's not so fun. On a better note, I started to feel definite movements around 18 weeks. My favorite part of pregnancy! It suddenly feels more real and I really start to develop a bond with this sweet baby inside me. I think I felt a few kicks before then, but was unsure if it was really the baby moving. Now there's no mistaking it. Brent hasn't felt the baby yet, but I think he could if we had better timing. It's getting stronger. It will be fun for Trooper to feel the baby too. He's going to be such a good big brother. He is so soft and sweet with babies and has baby-talk down pretty good (he practices with all his stuffed animals.) 

My bump is still pretty small and, for the most part, is hidden by clothes. But maybe I'll get around to posting a bump picture in the near future. 

Our 7 week ultrasound. I have no idea what is what. Can't wait for the updated pictures tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I didn't get your text until super late the other night but wanted to tell you how excited I am! A sweet little girl will fit just perfect into your family. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pretty! Yes, I'm commenting on every post cuz that's what friends are for! I think it's awesome you are still running. My friend from the ward said she could run longer when she was pregnant too! So... that gives me hope! :D

    ReplyDelete