Boy does this kid make us laugh. Always the talker, here are some of Trooper's greatest sayings from the past few months:
There's lots of talk around here about Dad and school. When Brent brought home all his new doctor tools, Trooper made sense of everything. He said, "Dad goes to doctor kit school. I go to pushing buttons school."
While we were driving, he pointed to himself and exclaimed, "This man needs to go to school! To be a doctor and help people."
He's gotten super into batteries lately because they seem to be the miracle cure for all his toys. Dad always changes the batteries in his toys and the world is right again. One day he asked, "Mom, do you fix dad when he's out of battery?" He must've been thinking, 'Dad always fixes my toys, but what happens when HE runs out of batteries?!'
Navy fell asleep when we were in Wal-Mart and he asked, "Is she re-charging her battery?"
I mentioned in my last post that Trooper's prayers have always been "Heavenly Father, pray the food. Christ Jesus, Amen." Well one day while we were eating lunch, after hearing some good news, I asked Trooper to join me in a special thank you prayer to Heavenly Father. When I finished, he wanted a turn. He said, "Heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus gave me chips, and thank you for our family. Amen." I loved that he had really listened to my prayer and thought about some things that he was thankful for and now incorporates those things into his prayers.
We finished a family game together and he said, "Wow! What a great team!"
He was climbing behind me on the couch so I leaned back and trapped him there. He said, "Ugh, I gotta get out of this mess!"
When he gets excited he says, "This is going to be so great!"
We've been reading scriptures with Trooper at night before he goes to bed. One day he wanted to pretend we were reading scriptures together and he said, "And it came to pass, he pitched his tent, and the whole family. Amen." Funny the themes he's recognizing as we read!
Trooper put his feet on the dinner table and Brent asked him, "Do you live in a barn?" Trooper's face lit up and he answered, "I'm a cow! Moo!"
Randomly, "Mom, you know what's funny?"
Me: "What Trooper?"
Him: "Your face!"
Sometimes Brent and I lay down on Trooper's floor while we sing him bedtime songs. Here we're thinking it's fun and kindof special to just hang out with him before bedtime, but Trooper always sees it as an opportunity. He gives us each a kiss and while backing out of his room he says, "Okay, I love you. Goodnight." And shuts us in.
One evening we had the Sister Missionaries over for dinner. I always have Trooper go to the bathroom before mealtime so that he doesn't have to go while we're eating. After going, he was running around naked and I told him he needed to get his pants back on because Sisters aren't allowed to see naked boys. So they arrived and we started eating. Trooper looks at them and asks, "Do you want to see my bum?" Ahhh! I was so embarrassed and just hoping they didn't understand what he had said. But they totally did and laughed about it for a few minutes.
While he was watching the garbage man outside our house, "I can't believe it! The green garbage truck came! I just love it!"
One night we dropped him off to be babysat in a classroom while we went to a meeting on campus. When we got back, we were told he'd had an accident while using the potty because he'd told the babysitter he could do it all by himself and his undies ended up soaked. So he was commando. When we asked him about it as we walked out to the car, he started walking funny and said "Ugh! I can't live like this anymore!"
One day he told me, "Bye bye! Adios Amigo!"
He was telling me how grandma and grandpa are far away and we can't see them right now. "Because they're way down in Old Mexico."
We were watching Planes together and Brent was playing with Navy on the floor. He got out a toy to entertain her that makes a bit of noise. Trooper told him, "Please stop playing with that or make my movie louder.... I'd love for you to stop that."
Sometimes he watches Daniel Tiger and every episode they have a little song that teaches you a lesson. Trooper started making up his own songs for when things go wrong. One day at lunch he started singing, "If something gets stuck in your teeth, you get it out with your finger." One day he spilled a bottle of freshly pumped milk for Navy. I was slightly distraught but he said, "It's okay, Mom." And then sang, "If something spills, we fill it back up!"
He started this thing where we tell each other often "I love you so much, (more than anyone) in the whole entire world, just the way you are, even when your sad."
When he sees Navy, he says one of these: "Oh Navy, I so love you!" "Oh she's so beautiful!" "You're a little cutie!"
At Hy-vee (a grocery store) they have little kiddie carts that Trooper loves to push around. Whenever he has one, he runs around the store, picking up all sorts of things and says so excitedly, "Oh I love these!!" or "These are my favorite!!" Even with things he's never seen before in his life. He just wants to fill his cart:)
We were pretending the Swiffer mop was a microphone. When it was Trooper's turn to say something, he said, "Hi I'm Trooper. And dad is my best friend. And I love him."
He asks to watch something or to play on the iPad a lot. Most the time the answer is no, but when I actually say yes to him, he is so excited and grateful and says, "Oooh you're sooo nice." or "Thank you. You're the best." or even "You're a sweetie and I love you!"
When he gets to play on the iPad, he usually tries to find something to watch, like on the PBS Kids app. So I usually tell him no watching, he needs to be playing an educational game. Well, lately he has wised up and started asking, "Mom, can I play an education game?" Smart kid, because that is a bit harder to say no to:)
What a clever, fun, and sweet little guy you have! Life is Good :)
ReplyDeleteOh my heck these are all adorable! I don't know how you remember them all to write them down. I so wish he and Koyle could be friends. Koyle needs a friend and Trooper would be the perfect buddy.
ReplyDeleteokay seriously? i'm dying these are so hilarious! and yeah, it's SO great you are remembering them all and writing them down!
ReplyDelete