We enjoyed a beautiful, Hawaiian Thanksgiving Day and weekend. Except for a devastating football game and a few related tears, we were able to relax, unwind, and work on our tans.
After the BYU-H intramural Turkey Bowl, we ate Thanksgiving dinner with seven other couples in our ward. Dinner was delicious and our view was unbelievable.



This was our happy group.

(Mom, Dad, Traci, Joey, and Audra -> Notice Deklin Keket on the far right. Yes, I ate Thanksgiving dinner with him.) My family knew Deklin as a high schooler in Tonga; we thought he had the coolest name we've ever heard.
I'm usually a huge fan of the Black Friday pushing, shoving, and excitement. But with stores opening at 3am and town an hour away, I decided that a day of sunshine, sand, and ocean breezes sounded pretty nice. We woke up Friday morning and headed out to Castles Beach with some friends for Brent to have his first go at surfing.


He was able to catch a few waves, but he's looking forward to going out again and eventually becoming a pro. I may try next time too, but the waves looked a little too choppy for me that morning. The rest of Friday and most of Saturday were spent at Turtle Bay; catching rays and reading my Mormon romance novel. Life is definitely good!
No shopping? I'm shocked and saddened. I did Walmart at midnight. I thought of you as I fought for my three dollar hand mixer.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like an amazing and memorable Thanksgiving weekend. We didn't need to worry about you guys being alone at all did we? I'm thankful for that. Wow, what a gorgeous setting! We're going to need to see a better picture of Deklin. Surfing on Thanksgiving weekend-not your typical November activity--glad you're beginning to fulfill that dream/goal, Brent. We spent our Thanksgiving Day/weekend in a much colder, but equally beautiful place-hiking in Zion's Canyon. We missed you, but are glad you were well taken care of.
ReplyDeleteWe missed you at Thanksgiving! But it looks like you had a good one too. And Deklin Keket does have the coolest name.
ReplyDeleteLet's not forget Plotsman Gary (sp?)--we also loved him and his name!
ReplyDelete