
On Monday, we hit the beaches, but only after we stopped at the malasada truck for breakfast. Malasadas are a Portuguese donut: no hole. They are deep-fried, covered in sugar, and if you want, filled with bavarian cream, chocolate cream, or haupia (coconut milk) cream. Yum!

Waimanalo.
The blowhole.
Hanauma Bay. Snorkeling.
On the way home, we hit up the famous Kahuku shrimp trucks.
Their shrimp scampi is definitely the most delicious seafood you'll ever eat.
The shrimp are raised in ponds surrounding the shrimp trucks, so they are very fresh and very yummy.And we stopped to see the temple all lit up at night.
I forgot to mention that the first morning of Traci's trip, we drove out to Ted's and got an entire chocolate haupia cream pie and a carrot cake; just so we could have them in the fridge to eat whenever we wanted. We'll do this when you come too. It's a must.
It was great to have Traci here. She has a better knowledge of Hawaii than we do, so she showed us everything we'll need to show you when you all come to visit.
Can't wait for February when Traci comes again; for food fest, right Tra?
Yes of course I'll be there in February! Oh...I want some malasadas. And some shrimp. And some Teds. I loved being there with you guys! Waimanalo is a perfect beach, huh? Except for the scary Man-O-Wars. Great posts Nellie!
ReplyDeleteMmmm! I want a donut! Too bad the closest substitute I have here is Broulim's. I've never been a big shrimp person, but I've been feeling lately that if I had yummy fresh ones instead of frozen cocktail ones I might like it. I'll be trying some when we come to see you.
ReplyDeleteHaha! I liked the man that matched the truck the most! And you're post always make me hungry. You and Brent have to be the skinniest food lovers I've ever met! :)
ReplyDeleteKelsey and I were both entertained by the guy in the Malasada truck-matching polo. The night pictures of the Temple are beautiful. I'm so happy that you kids love to be and do things together. It all looks/sounds like fun.
ReplyDeleteI can't read the yellow print. But the pictures made my mouth water for malasadas and spam musubi.
ReplyDelete