Saturday night was our second Food Fest experience at BYU-H. All the international clubs on campus set up their booths and sold their favorite foods from home.
Brent also set up a table to get students to vote for the theme of the upcoming Winter Ball that he's planning. Look at my cute Vice President of Special Events.
This year I went straight for the Tongan plate dinner.I was honestly in heaven while I ate my Lu Pulu (corned beef and onions wrapped in Taro leaves, drenched in coconut milk, and baked) and Manioke root that I had fallen in love with ten years ago when my family lived in Tonga. It took me back to Tonga and I was happy for the rest of the night.
Brent loved his Yakisoba noodles from Japan.We also enjoyed an omelette from China, fried won tons from Hong Kong, and a yummy, caramelized waffle dessert from the Aikido club.
Food fest was especially fun this year because my cousins from Kaneohe came out to Laie to join us for the delicious event. Between the 8 of us, we enjoyed food from Tonga, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Fiji, Taiwan, the Philippines, Hawaii, and more. Food Fest Round 2 = a definite success.
Yay! I'm the first to comment!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of any of that food, but I'm sure it was great. "BYUH's Got Talent" makes me laugh. It sounds funny.
Oh this looks like Heaven! And my mouth started watering reading about your description of lu pulu. I love the picture of the tables with the McKay building in the background. It just looks so happy and perfect!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that Brent knows where real food is made. :) I've been missing ya this semester studying for the MCAT. We're saving our pennies to come visit after graduation next year!
ReplyDeleteAnother great Food Fest post! You inspired me to get some Lau-lau at a Hawaiian restaurant in St. George last week. (It wasn't nearly as good as the Lu in Tonga,however.) Glad the cousins all came too.
ReplyDelete