Last week, Brent told me we had to drive to town to pick up his friend Andres from the airport. Having never heard of this friend Andres, I asked who he was and Brent told me he was a kid in one of his classes who apparently had no other friends. Well, okay then! We pulled up to the curb at the baggage claim and Brent got out to greet Andres. With Brent blocking most of my view, I was surprised that this Andres had girly legs. Then Brent moved out of the way and there stood my sister Tra! I was so surprised and so excited! Then I felt bad that I had eaten the burger Brent had bought for Andres in case he was hungry after his flight (I'm sorry, but I'm pregnant and 4 chicken nuggets just isn't enough for me. But I didn't know I was really eating Traci's food!) We had 6 days together of relaxation, fun, yummy food, Cosby episodes, and good ol' Hawaiian adventure.
I had to work a couple of half days while she was here, but it was ok because Brent and Traci came and visited me at work both days! Tra loved our panini and haupia pineapple smoothie. Then I showed them around the farm a bit.We picked a bunch of beautiful plumeria so we could make our own leis. The bag smelled really good!
One day, Brent and his friends taught Tra how to surf.
We went to a lot of beaches and worked on our tans. At Secret Beach, we found this guy relaxin in the shade. We named him Ted.
One night we made Traci's famous bagels. Yum! We also ate some delicious sushi (don't worry, nothing raw in mine),some delicious breakfast,some delicious Ted's Bakery, and some delicious macadamia nuts.
We found this pretty lookout,and this pretty plumeria tree, and this gecko hanging out in a lantern.
We stopped at the malasada truck, went shopping at the swap meet, and looked around Pearl Harbor.
It was so fun having you here Tra! Thanks for the wonderful surprise. We miss you and can't wait for you to come again in December! Love you.
Aw Nelle! It looks like so much fun! Sister time is sooo great.
ReplyDeletehaha, your dad told me the other day "I have this suspicion Janelle and Brent are using my netflix account to watch the cosby show... I get all these emails asking me how satisfied I am with the quality of the show."
I told him if you were going to use his account, at least it was for such a hilarious show like the cosbys!
Janelle! You are so cute! I love the pictures and the bitty baby belly!
ReplyDeleteHawaii looks amazing, as always. :)
Surprises are so much fun! And I have always wanted to make homemade bagels. I seriously want that recipe. Would you mind sharing it with me?
ReplyDeleteJanelle you still don't even look pregnant!! That's not fair at all. Now you may dislike hearing that this pregnancy, but trust me you'll wish for that in the next one! Anyhow, great post! What a cool sister you have to come surprise you like that. Oh and I don't know what it is but every time YOU post about food, I can't stop craving that food until I eat it! Now where on earth am I supposed to find a haupia pineapple smoothie?! Geez Janelle be a little more thoughtful next time!
ReplyDeleteOh Nelle this is a great post! It was such a fun trip! I loved it. It was a perfect week, with all the beaches and yummy food and Cosby and guava juice and good company. I guess it was ok that you ate Andres' burger because then that meant that we got to stop at Zippy's on the way to Laie. I miss you guys! And I miss Ted. See you soon!
ReplyDeleteWho knew Brent could be such a good liar? I'm glad he was, though. They totally got you. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I can't wait to see you next month to view your cute little baby bump.
ReplyDeleteWhat a totally fun post -just FULL of great pictures!! Soooo much fun. I sure am glad you guys love to be together. Brent is such a good sport and goes along with everything! Glad it was a surprise. So many of us could have ruined it without meaning to.
ReplyDelete