Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baby Showers Galore

Before we moved to Hawaii, I was hoping we'd be lucky enough to have a baby here but I was sad about the fact that I wouldn't be home around friends and family to have a baby shower. But to my pleasant surprise, we find ourselves surrounded by friends and family that we love and they have been so amazingly generous as to throw us three baby showers in the past month!

Lydia and Michael Kinoshita threw us a baby shower and invited our other Kise cousins who live on the island (my grandma's extended family). It was so nice to be with everyone and realize how many loving aunties and uncles our little boy will have over here. 

We played cute games, ate delicious food, and they even had Brent's favorite haupia cake for dessert!

The next Saturday, I came home from work and rested for a couple hours then Brent told me he wanted to go eat dinner at Ted's Bakery. He got a call from my boss right before we left, asking him to stop in at the farm real quick to help them move some things around. Good thing we were headed that direction. When we pulled up to my work, I was surprised to see everyone I work with, along with the Kinoshitas and our closest friends there for a baby shower! They had a delicious dinner prepared, cute decorations around the cafe, and had worked so hard to make it a special night for us. 


Then on Wednesday, my sweet friend Alicia threw me a baby shower with all my friends from our ward. Alicia's an amazing party planner and the theme and decorations were so cute! She even hired a photographer to capture the scene, hence all the great pictures.

Here's cute Alicia and her husband Rick. We love hanging out with them every chance we get!

We are in awe of the kindness and generosity of our friends and family. They have helped us tremendously as we prepare for our little boy and they are such an example to us of selflessness, love, and giving. We feel so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people. 
Thank you!
 

And here's a 37 week shot; not sure it looks any different than the one a few weeks ago:)

8 comments:

  1. You are looking great! And you have been showered by showers! That is so awesome that you have such a great support system there with lots of friends and family; good friends make a world of difference. Can't wait to see pictures of your little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang you're still looking so super cute. I can't believe how close you are! I want to talk to you on the phone, but I also remember all the phone calls I got the last few weeks of pregnancy and don't wanna bug you. But I really want to talk to you. So maybe I'll have to call you later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking beautiful! You're about to be a MOM! Crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. You really are so blessed to be around such wonderful people. And I'm sure it's all because they feel so blessed to be around you! How wonderful. I'm so SO excited for you Janelle. Seriously, whenever you blog I'm clicking as fast as I can to see your newest adventures. This was so fun to read. Thanks. You and baby will be in my prayers... and I guess Brent too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute Janelle! Getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post Nelle! So glad you have such good friends and family over there. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome that you have so many people in hawaii there for you ! So cool. looks like a lot of fun!! I seriously can't wait to see that babeh's sweet face :) hope you are well!! And thanks for youre sweet comments on my blog! whenever you guys move back.. we really need to get together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We really are blessed to have the Kinoshita/Kise Family. They are all SO NICE! Lydia and Michael have truly become second parents. We're grateful to them.
    It makes Dad and I happy to see you with so many wonderful friends as well as your co-workers. How very thoughtful everyone is. It will be a pleasure to meet them here VERY SOON! See you this week!

    ReplyDelete