Last week was the 20th Annual World Fireknife Championship at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We had been waiting for this since we bought our annual passes last year. This event was one of the main reasons we bought the passes; so we could get in free! And it did not disappoint. The best fireknife dancers from AROUND THE WORLD gather in one place and show off everything they've got for the chance to be named World Champion. It was A-MA-ZING! And we were only feet away from the stage. After just one performance I declared it one of the coolest experiences we've had since living in Hawaii. Definitely makes it hard to be leaving in three weeks! :(((!
This guy, Joseph Cadousteau from Tahiti (who eventually won the whole thing), was my favorite from the very first night. He literally had me screaming in my seat; he was that amazing. Here's clips of his final performance that won him first place.
Holy freak. That is crazy! It looks sooo cool! I can't believe you guys are coming back-it seems like you guys just got there! :) And that vid of Trooper below-so cute. Haha, what a good little eater.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's incredible. Only three weeks left!?! I can't even wait!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! I loved the World Fireknife Championship when I was there! It was unforgettable. Honestly, does it get any better than Polynesians juggling flaming knives? I don't think so.
ReplyDelete