The first month of Navy's life was a little hectic. Between the
constant newborn feedings and diaper changes, we were packing up our
house, sending dad off in the moving truck, and 10 days later flying
from Boise to Kansas City, then driving to Kirksville. Without the help
of our awesome families, I'm not sure we would have made it; but we did
and it went relatively smoothly. Thankfully, Navy is such a sweet,
easy-going baby. It was also great that she remained almost constantly
sleepy through her first four weeks of life. We made it through two
connecting flights and a three hour car ride thanks to a moby wrap and
major help with Trooper from Grandma and Grandpa. And we were so happy
to be back with Dad (and his help with the nighttime diaper changes)!
Before we left Idaho and our families, we blessed Navy at my parents' house on June 21, 2014. She was just a week and a half old. She looked beautiful in my old blessing dress and was a perfect baby during the sweet priesthood blessing that her dad gave her.
 |
| The classic "Lion King" blessed baby hold. |
 |
| Zoe found Grandpa Delbert who still had ice cream in his bowl. They became quick friends. |
 |
| Pretty Grandma with baby Navy. |
At six weeks, Navy was averaging about 6 hours between her nighttime
feedings. During the day, she's on a pretty solid three hour schedule.
She seems the most awake in the late evenings, especially while I'm at
the gym and dad is supposed to be studying while the kids sleep... So
we're going to have to rearrange our schedules until Navy figures out
her bedtime. She falls asleep pretty much as soon as she gets in her
carseat which makes outings easy at this point.
Around
four weeks, Navy started cooing and responding to us. At her one month
check-up (the day after we arrived in Kirksville) the doctor was really
impressed with that and said she's about four weeks ahead of schedule.
She's growing and gaining weight at a healthy, steady pace. At one
month, she weighed 8 lbs. (17th percentile) and was 21.25 in. long (60th
percentile). She spits up quite a bit sometimes, but it's in spurts so I
think it must be caused by something in my diet that I need to figure
out (I'm really hoping it's not chocolate!)
Trooper
LOVES Navy. When she cries, he has to check on her, give her Pluto, or
sing her a song. I hear him say things to her like "It's okay, Navy. I'm
right here" and "I love you, Navy." When she's laying on the floor or
propped up on the couch, every few minutes he just stops to cuddle her,
rub his face on her fluffy hair, and give her a kiss. He tells me "She's
such a cutie" or "Oh she's so beautiful!" If I'm in the kitchen and
it's silent in the living room, I usually look out to see Trooper just
cuddling Navy quietly. I love to watch it.
We really
can't get over how cute she is. Her beautiful blue eyes amaze me. She
gives us these sweet smiles that just make the our day. I want her to
stop growing but, at the same time, I'm excited to see more of her
personality as she grows and what/who she's going to look like.
Basically, we LOVE having her in our home and in our family. The
adjustment has been pretty easy and super awesome.
And here are some pictures of the sweet girl.
.JPG) |
| Halle LOVES "Baby Naby" |
 |
| Loves any chance to get close to her. |
.JPG) |
| Rockin tummy time. |
.JPG) |
| All-American Navy girl. July 4, 2014. |
 |
| 1 month old! July 10, 2014. |
As always, thanks for the update! Loved the classic Lion King picture. It's great to hear y'all adjusted from three Lambsons to four Lambsons quite seamlessly and that the move across the country went well. Navy sure is a cutie and reminds me of Trooper when he was that age (not saying that she looks like a boy, but she does look like a Brent & Janelle baby). Can't believe she was 8 lbs at one month - that's how much my baby weighed when he was born! Love the last picture of Navy in her striped outfit looking to the side - what a doll! Keep the updates on your blog coming! Life is good :)
ReplyDeleteShe is so sweet-and getting some cute chubby cheeks! I am glad that things have been going smoothly so far-I have been wanting to call and see how life is. Babies are so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteYay!! I'm so glad you've survived the move! Now to survive Med School! :) Thanks for the fun update! Love ya!
ReplyDelete