Friday, September 17, 2010

And...

Here's our little studio apartment in Hauula.


Our closet is pretty big and great. Although, notice the green bubble wrap covering everything?

It's there to stop gecko poop from dropping on all our stuff:) Ah the joys of the tropics.

And here's our car.

I think it's pretty spiffy looking. A lot better than I was expecting to get over here at least. I thought we'd end up with a rusty, broken-down junker that barely runs but that gets us from place to place. So I'm pleased with this.

More pictures to come. We'll try to get some of the city and the beaches, etc. Also, don't judge me in the pictures because I've come to realize that doing my hair and applying make-up is pretty much worthless over here. I could spend hours straightening or curling my hair and it'll just get frizzy or rained on. And make-up starts melting off my face as soon as I put it on. So there you go.

And oh yeah, classes and school are going pretty good so far. But that's not what you guys want to hear about anyways, right?

10 comments:

  1. So fun Janelle,thanks for sharing! Your apartment and car are awesome! Enjoy!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah pictures! We like your apartment and car too. Glad you guys are having such a fun time. We'll do our best to come see you so we can use Brent for free access to the PCC. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for blogging! this is fun. nice shiny car :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found a cute-LITTLE-apartment, and what seems like a great car. Thanks for the pictures so that we can better visualize where you are. As for gecko poop-I don't remember that being a huge concern when we lived in the South Pacific-Hmmm Were we just unaware?
    Also, I'm wondering if you are really as nonchalant as you sound about forgetting about how your hair looks, and foregoing makeup--that would actually be a good attitude to adopt in such humidity. Fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE apartment! I see the perfect spot for me right at the foot of your bed... Or maybe IN the bed just like old times. Hmmm, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys found your place and your car so fast! They both look great! Are you still going to try and get into TVA? I would. It's just so fun there having other students as neighbors!

    Makeup, hair, gecko poo...good times! I was glad you didn't mention roaches. That's no fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I pretty positive I have a picture of Hayden in the exact same spot! What a fun two years you guys will have. I'm kinda jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, by the way, Alberta is my pen name. I am kinda famous to be using my real name :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're apartment looks great! Much brighter than your last one. And I love the green cabinets; somehow they give it a Hawaii feeling. I'm also pretty sure I do not ever want to live where bugs are a central part of my life. I'm glad you have such a good attitude about the gecko poop and other creatures sharing your space. We sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janelle I loooove your blog! It's so cute and the picture of you two is beautiful and makes me relax just looking at it, and the title is perfect! What it dream it sounds like to be living there for a couple years. Maybe we'll have to come down for a visit sometime :) That'd be so fun. Hope you're doing well, it looks like you definitely are.

    ReplyDelete