Thursday, November 4, 2010

Brent's Birthday

October 28, 2010 was a great day. Brent turned 24. We had fun. And the birthday celebration was a success even though we weren't surrounded by family and friends like usual. It was a very Hawaiian birthday celebration.

We went to the beach...

where Brent splashed in the water...

and played in the sand...

while I read my book...because it was a little too windy and cloudy for me to want to get wet.

We stopped to take a look at the beautiful temple...

saw some pretty flowers...

and ate a special birthday dinner of potstickers and rice with sweet soy sauce.

Here's the birthday boy with his presents!
Then we watched Encino Man and ate a chocolate haupia cream pie that we had all to ourselves! It was pretty great.

3 comments:

  1. I CAN'T believe I missed this post! Now I feel a lot of pressure to make this comment really good. Here it goes...

    This chocolate haupia cream pie sounds divine. I have no idea what it is but it sounds like it's right up my alley. I can't wait to try one when I come to visit you!

    The beach looked AWESOME. Especially considering we're covered in snow here. I thought of you yesterday when I was grocery shopping. You said a while ago that you have given up on doing your hair and makeup because of the heat. Well, yesterday I was going in and out of Walmart and Albertsons thinking that I needed to adopt that philosophy. Not because of the heat, but because of the dadgum snow. It ruins my hair and I can't wait to be done with Rexburg winters.

    Isn't this comment SO long? I'm making up for forgetting.

    And lastly, guess what other Lambson is having a birthday soon? It should be pretty easy for you to guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun birthday pictures. Brent sure likes to dig DEEP holes in the sand doesn't he? I remember the one you two dug at the beach in California on our 'baseball trip'. I was afraid someone was going to walk into it and disappear (or at least break a leg.)
    Gorgeous Temple and Hibiscus pictures.

    ReplyDelete