Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween!

Halloween turned out pretty great this year. Brent gets really into carving pumpkins. He makes sure his pumpkin is a piece of art. Last year he carved Mario.

And here is this year's masterpiece.

Look familiar?

How about a little Batman? Pretty dang good huh?

Brent was so proud of Batman that he decided to take him to the ward party with us to be the centerpiece and center of attention. Everyone loved it.

We were excited to attend our ward party after all the hype that was made about it, even though a lot of people in our student ward didn't even know what Halloween was (my invite email from the relief society included a link to Wikipedia explaining what the holiday is all about). We're not super into dressing up. Maybe someday when we have kids and I become more creative. This year, we just decided to go as Bronco fans, because that's the best thing there is anyway, right? I also wore some awesome socks that I got in a care package from my parents (my dad picked them out, they're pretty great).

On Sunday, we were invited to a feast at the neighbors' house where I ate oysters for the first time. I even ate two! The neighbors were impressed with my toughness. The oysters were pretty scary looking, and you're supposed to eat them in one bite so you don't see what's inside:) They were actually kinda yummy.

We then spent the evening passing out candy with the neighbor kids to trick or treaters who came by. Our neighbor kids are our new best friends. They jump up and down when we get home from school and tell us repeatedly "we always love you guys." They've definitely made their way into our hearts! We'll have to get some pictures with them soon.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Janelle and Brent,
    First of all, Adam and Brent should just get married so that they can carve pumpkins together all the time. Porter and I both decided that we hate carving pumpkins, mostly because we're bad at it. That Batman pumpkin was pretty nifty. I bet Brent tried to act humble and noble when people told him how cool it was. "This old thing.. psh.. took me like.. five minutes." Also, way to be Bronco fans. It reminds me of when you were a mariners fan for Halloween and Jeff let that slide, but when Natalie tried to be a skier he gave her a hard time. Isn't this comment so long and great? Anyways. I like you guys and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Adam likes to carve pumpkins, but they're never as intense as Mario or Batman. You're such a cute little Bronco fan. Uuuuh, Jeff... I was recently reading in my journal cause I used to write in it every day back then and I called Jeff a costume Nazi. It really upset me enough to write about it in my journal. Uh, I was so bugged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Computer problem solved (at least for now) so I can start commenting again.
    We can officially call Brent the "pumpkin master" or with the creepy face he pulled maybe "the Joker".
    I'm amazed you tried the oysters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pumpkin and great socks! What a cool couple you guys are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maya pointed at a picture of Brent and just asked, "Who is THAT?". It could have something to do with the face he was making, but in any case, I'm glad you guys are coming home for Christmas. We don't want our girls to forget who you are...

    ReplyDelete