Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Man

Today Brent went on a jog, found a ripe coconut,and husked it with his bare hands.Then he cracked it open with a rock (just like he learned at the PCC), drank the juice, and brought me home the tasty meat - thick with coconut milk.I thought it was pretty manly of him. And there's nothing better than eating fresh coconut meat (although it's loaded with saturated fat. Don't worry, I didn't eat too much).

In other news, Happy Thanksgiving family and friends! We're sad about missing the family gatherings this year, but we're excited to have Thanksgiving dinner with some friends in our ward and get to know them better. Most of all, we're thankful for all of you! We miss you!

Just a few other things I'm thankful for that I just have to mention...
My sweet husband.
Prayer.
The Holy Ghost.
Scholarships!
Public Health efforts.
The Food Network.
Airplanes.
Telephones.
Palm trees.
Dancing with the Stars!
Mormon romance novels.
America.

And I know I already mentioned you, but just to call you by name...
My supportive dad and mom.
My awesome mother- and father-in-law.
My sweet grandparents.
My cool older brothers.
My favorite sister.
My fun sisters- and brothers-in-law.
My adorable nieces and nephews.
and My incredible best friends.

4 comments:

  1. Wow... that Brent is so manly right now. Happy Thanksgiving (a day early). We'll miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for The Food Network too. What would I do with my entire day without it?

    Brent could totally survive on a deserted island. He wouldn't even need to make friends with a volleyball. You're lucky. If you guys ever get stranded together, you know you're taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would gladly crack open coconuts to save the life of my dear wife on a deserted island. She's totally worth the manly effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brent is following the 'old as time' tradition of bringing home the meat for his family--only in his case it is coconut-meat. Nice list of things you are grateful for. We are thankful for you both too, and LOVE and miss you. CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS. SEE YOU THEN.

    ReplyDelete