Monday, January 31, 2011

Everything's Better in Hawaii

I don't mean to make anyone feel bad, but it's true: everything's better in Hawaii. I can prove it.
Chocolate. One of the best things in the world (in my opinion). Chocolate makes life better. At times, it's what makes life worth living. And... believe it or not, chocolate is even better in Hawaii.

It's not just because we've got these.
Or these.
Or even these.
But it's because the temperature in Hawaii is perfectly conducive to chocolate consumption. As soon as you put a piece of chocolate in your mouth, it begins to melt. And I feel like I never actually tasted chocolate before I came to Hawaii. But when you eat it here and it starts to melt, it's like the flavor, in all of its chocolaty goodness, bursts in your mouth.

We bought some Caramacs before Christmas so we could take them home to share with the family.
We were too excited when we bought them to wait until Boise, so we opened a box for ourselves. I don't remember chocolate ever tasting so good. So when we got home and opened some to share, I was expecting the full flavor burst that I had experienced just days before in Hawaii. And I was somewhat disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the Caramacs were still delicious, but they were missing the perfect texture and taste and temperature that Hawaii seems to give them.

And so, my point is this: when you all come to visit, we'll be sure to enjoy some chocolate together --> Hawaiian style. You won't be disappointed.

7 comments:

  1. Nelle, I'm a good friend because you only posted this like 14 minutes ago and I'm already commenting..

    With that being said... Why do I feel chocolate is better when it's from anywhere but here? Also, now I have this crazy chocolate craving and I'm doing the 100 day challenge. What are you doing to me Nelle? Isn't it bad enough that the sun is always shining there and you can be at the beach whenever you want? Now you have to rub this chocolate thing in my face? That just tipped the scale, all the other things were tempting but now I'm determined to come to Hawaii even more.

    Loveyew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was genius. I doubt anyone has ever written about chocolate in as much wonderful detail. You captured the mouth-watery goodness. This post gives me an idea for a blog: Life's Simple Pleasures. You could just write about the tiniest minute things that happen to make a day better. In short, I LOVED this post. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha this is such a cute post! wish i was enjoying chocolate in hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tempting post. I just mailed you guys a small package that may give you a bit of something 'from the Mainland' to try in your Hawaiian climate. We'll see if Mainland goodies are better here or there. Watch for the package. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want me some Hawaiian chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Janelle! Fully jealous! There is nothing better than amazing chocolate!!! I think you have convinced me to go to Hawaii just for the chocolate :D Thanks for your very sweet comment on the baby by the way! You are very sweet! Enjoy the hawaii sun for all of us.. It's -12 today!

    ReplyDelete