Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh the Difference

Can I share with you my favorite difference between BYU Provo and BYU-Hawaii?

Here it is.

There's BYU-Hawaii.

And here's the parking lot.

So what's the big deal, you ask? Well, in Provo, I could literally drive around for an hour and a half looking for a parking space a quarter of a mile (or more) away from the school; all while missing my last class before the final. As someone who stresses immensely about grades and tests and punctuality, I would end up cursing BYU and maybe even crying. All parking spaces even remotely close to campus buildings are reserved for faculty and unless you are on campus at 7am - good luck finding a parking spot.

But at BYU-Hawaii, I can come at any hour, park wherever I want, and I'll only be about a 30-second walk from whatever building I want. For this reason alone, I feel like this place is heaven.
And whenever I pull my car into that huge empty parking lot, I feel ridiculously happy and blessed:) It's the little things, right?

4 comments:

  1. Yep. BYU-Idaho is very similar to BYU. We used to drive around forever trying to find a spot at the Taylor building.

    But you missed a few other major differences between the schools.

    1. BYU-H is a tropical paradise.
    2. BYU is not.
    3. BYU-H has beautiful beaches near by.
    4. BYU does not.
    5. BYU-H is far far far from me.
    6. BYU is not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was on the phone with you when you were looking for a parking space in Provo a time or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute and funny! Glad you like it there!

    ReplyDelete