Friday, January 28, 2011
Victory
This morning, with Brent already at school, I found this guy on the curtains in my closet.Needless to say, I was terrified. I've seen my fair share of large bugs in my life, but I've never seen anything that looked like this. It was like a huge, metallic, buzzing, scary ant with wings. I had no idea what to do. Brent's supposed to take care of the big ugly bugs. So, in order to put off having to take care of it myself, I grabbed the camera and took pictures.Then, mustering up all my courage, I grabbed the roach/ant spray. Brent doesn't like to use the spray because then there's poison all over our house. But I refuse to try to kill bugs with just my hands and some toilet paper. Shoes don't work very well either. Cockroaches especially are surprisingly fast and very hard to kill. Plus I had no idea what this bug was going to do when threatened. So I sprayed him (and our curtains) with a healthy dose of poison. He spread his wings and started crawling all over the place. I was screaming all over the place. After the poison had time to slow him down substantially, I smashed him with my shoe and used an entire roll of toilet paper to pick him up. Victory. Janelle's Self-Confidence = 1 point. Big Ugly Bug = 0.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good job Janelle! He's very ugly. And, after clicking on the picture to make it big, he's very colorful and disgusting.
ReplyDeleteSICK SICK SICK! I hate freakin bugs. One time I almost put my hand on a cockroach on our counter in Arizona. They can all die in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteWell done! I know it makes me sound like a total damsel in distress, but I never get rid of the bugs! Completely freaks me out!
ReplyDeleteHa-ha. I am so proud.... and I wish I could've seen it.
ReplyDeleteJanelle, I thank you for providing a good laugh out loud moment for me. I can just imagine you screaming "all over the place"(it seems to help a bit doesn't it?). Wow, Traci is right--clicking to make it bigger really shows how weird-looking he is. Nice one-poison and all.
ReplyDeleteyour posts always make my day :)
ReplyDeleteOh, Janelle. I'm proud of you. I would have surrendered the whole house to that guy until Adam was home. He's weird looking.
ReplyDelete