Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Honeymooners

My best friend, Alison, got married to Ben a couple weekends ago. Being in Hawaii, I couldn't make it to the wedding or reception. Sadness. But while all my other friends got to be there with Al on her special day, I got to hang out with Al on her honeymoon in Paradise! It was great to meet Ben for the first time and see what a cute couple they are. They came out to Laie to spend the day at the PCC and I was able to join them on their trek to the different Polynesian villages.
Then Brent pulled some strings and we were able to join Al and Ben for their traditional Hawaiian Luau in the evening. Here's the cute couple.
And us. We're cute too.
Here lies our kalua pig. It's been slow cooking in the ground all day. Now it's ready to be uncovered and served.
Yum!

Then the honeymooners got called up to show everyone how cute and in love they are. They got to dance in front of everyone with all the old people who were celebrating their anniversaries.
Look how cute she is!

It was so great to see Al! It made me feel close to home and all my friends. Love you 202 girls! Miss you all. Maybe someday soon the rest of you can come and visit me too:)

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness! I'm so jealous that you got to hang out in paradise. They look SOOO cute and happy! And you? You look so cute and happy too! Great post! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this post makes me miss you a lot. And it makes me really jealous of Al. I need to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! You guys are such a cute couple. I totally want to go to Hawaii someday for an anniversary. Someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al and Ben really are a cute couple. It looks like Al chose a good guy! What a great thing for you to get to spend a little time together--Luau and all. You and Brent look great too. We're missing you (AND Kalua pork.) Again, glad you were able to spend some time with a good friend. The 202 girls are all just amazing women.

    ReplyDelete