Last Thursday was the night of the BYU-Hawaii Winter Ball; the dance that Brent has spent all semester planning and putting together. On Thursday morning, Brent woke me up and told me to come eat breakfast. I told him I wasn't done sleeping yet (always my response when someone wakes me up). He told me I could go back to sleep after breakfast. So I walked out to the table and found this waiting for me. In my oatmeal, there was a token with "Brent?" written on it. Ah, sweet boy! Then he headed off to school while I ate my delicious breakfast. He even set out jam for me to eat with my toasted bread letters:)
When he came home later that afternoon, I had this waiting on the table for him. It may not make perfect sense, but my main concern was purchasing yummy candy:) I was going to buy some markers and a posterboard to make a full on candy bar poster for him like I would have in high school, but the one store in Laie charges a ridiculous amount of money for things like that since they have a monopoly on the whole town. So I had to settle for a piece of paper, a pen, and few pieces of candy that sounded really good to me at the moment.
The ball was held in Hale Aloha at the PCC. The theme was "Lost in the Lights" (like that scene in Tangled). There were lanterns and twinkle lights everywhere. It looked beautiful. The band was amazing. The dinner (kalbi steak, grilled chicken with tropical salsa, macadamia nut rice, grilled asparagus, caesar salad, and fruit and chocolate tarts for dessert) was beyond delicious. Over 700 students came and everyone seemed to be having an amazing time. Besides just dinner and dancing, there was also karaoke over by the villages and "Just Like Heaven" was playing in the PCC's IMAX theater. The winter ball was a huge success and I was proud to be the date of the handsome man in charge.
oOOoooOOhh! How fun! Looks like he pulled it off. I love your dress and I just love that scene from Tangled! How neat.
ReplyDeleteMr. Good Bar sounds good right now.
Aw! You look pretty! You guys are so cute.
ReplyDeleteHe is sooo handsome! OMG! YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY!
ReplyDeleteThat was Joe!!!
ReplyDeleteHow romantical!
ReplyDeleteThat looks so fun. I absolutely am in love with your dress! Very Hawaiian!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like Brent's hard work surely paid off. The Ball pictures look so pretty and fun. Cute way to Ask and Respond. Thanks for also including pictures of the two of you-VERY CUTE/HANDSOME!
ReplyDeleteAgain--NICE JOB, BRENT!
I forgot to comment on this adorable post. All I can say is so so cute. Way to make the little things count :) Love it.
ReplyDelete