Brent's semester ended last friday (hallelujah) so this week we've been partying it up; taking advantage of Brent's mini break before Spring Term starts next Monday. Yesterday, we started the day out with some Leondard Jr's Malasadas. Delish. Then we made our way over to Hanauma Bay, stopping at the Halona Blow Hole.
Hanauma Bay is a nature preserve and one of the prime tourist/snorkeling spots on the island. It's beautiful. I love how the wind is blowing Brent's shirt in this picture. Makes me laugh every time. After a few good hours in the sun, we made it over to downtown Honolulu to the Ala Moana mall. The biggest, most beautiful mall I've ever been to. It's chock full of stores, including Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's, Harry Winston, Prada, etc. I got myself my first pair of Crocs to wear to work where I'm on my feet all day. They're pretty cute ones if I do say so myself. I'll have to get a picture someday.
We finished off the day at the Cheesecake Factory on Waikiki. Humongous, busy restaurant. We left at 10pm and people were still being seated. Craziness.
Today, we borrowed some surfboards from friends and walked to temple beach. It's a beautiful, 5-minute walk from our house to my favorite beach on the island. I was talked into surfing because I was offered a cute pink surfboard; I couldn't refuse. I mainly just floated and balanced on my board; didn't go after any waves. But my ankle band made me feel really cool. So I took a picture.Then I caught some good pictures of Brent out battling the waves. And he got up today! Success!And here I am looking cool carrying my surfboard. It's all about looks, isn't it?:) Just kidding. But I did feel cool today.
Way to be brave-and cool- by trying surfing! The ocean makes me a little nervous and I'm not sure I care to try surfing. But maybe if I had a cool purple and yellow surfboard that I couldn't refuse I would have to rethink that.
ReplyDeleteOh you do look so cool with that pink surfboard tied to your leg! And way cute beach bag! You look like you belong there in Hawaii. Would you please tell the prom king to get his picks in?
ReplyDeleteAh what a fun Couple of days!! Im glad i got some time to hangout with you on my mini Vacay!
ReplyDeleteYou look like a natural with that super cute surfboard. Sometimes I can't believe that you actually LIVE in Hawaii. I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you. I'm really starting to get desperate to see you. July can't come fast enough.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got some great pictures of your vacation days together. We're really enjoying Hawaii through you guys -for now. Good thing you have friends with cool surfboards to add to the COOL you each already have going:)
ReplyDeleteGood luck to Brent in the upcoming school term.
Nice job, Nelle, keeping the blog up.
Janelle, I feel so so wretched I didn't see you in Hawaii. I seriously made a mental note that I needed to stop by your place because you live so close to where Jimmy lives! Then I remembered how I should call you or email you or comment you... when it was too late. I'm an awful friend. BUT you betcha I'll be back some day! One very special day I'll just show up to your door with a blanket and you can point to the living room floor :)
ReplyDeleteOH and what's/where's the market fruit place you work at?? I was looking for it the entire time I was on the island and for some reason didn't think to just get online and check... wow. You can see where my brain was for the week.
AH, looks so fun! I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try it!!! Keep enjoying the warmth, it literally snowed in Idaho today! Happy almost May right?
ReplyDelete