Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Long Time Coming

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever gone this long without finding something to post about. Sorry. But with Brent starting up Spring term (two accounting classes and statistics all to be started and finished within 6 weeks)there just hasn't been time for any Hawaiian outings. We did have one outing a couple weeks ago. It was actually one of the best outings I've ever been on.

Brent and I drove into Haleiwa Town on the North Shore and we got to see this...

Cute little thing, huh?! We're in love already.

We also got to hear our baby's strong little heartbeat, which Brent recorded and we listen to it often:) Our sweet baby is due November 4, so I'm about thirteen and a half weeks along now. Some days I'm feeling pretty good and some days are still pretty bad. All I can say is that I have the most amazing husband in the world. Brent has been so understanding and comforting. He makes frequent trips to the grocery store, then calls me at home and tells me everything he sees, and we attempt to find something that actually sounds appetizing to me. Even with his incredibly busy school and extracurricular activities, he's helped out a TON with the cooking and cleaning when just the thought of the kitchen makes me sick. I think things are starting to get a little better in that department, so hopefully I can step it up and be a good wife to him again.

We are sooOOoo excited to be parents and I can't wait to see Brent with our little one. He is going to be the most amazing dad! I've already got ideas for nursery bedding and decor. I can't wait to find out if our little one is a boy or girl so I can get started!

16 comments:

  1. Hey Janelle and Brent !!!!!

    wowwwwwwwww Congratulations !!! we are happy for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Janelle! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Cute. I'm so excited to see you and baby-to-be in July. I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janelle, this is SO happy!! I saw the picture on my blogger home page before I clicked and squealed from excitement. Hope you start feeling better and that that nice husband of yours keeps treating you like a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo exciting! You too are going to be fun parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woww! Congrats you two!! Definitely the best thing in life are the little ones in it. :) Janelle you're gonna be an awesome mom! Just stick out this first Tri and you're home free-till the 3rd tri at least haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Janelle, I have been waiting for you to announce something any day now. From the first time I visit taught you I have guessed you were pregnant! Having two sick pregnancies my self, I feel like its pretty easy for me to figure out! Seriously, so excited for you, let me know if you need anything at all. I would be happy to get you anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow! Congratulations! YOu guys will BOTH be awesome parents! =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I already told you but congratulations! Isn't hearing that heartbeat the most amazing sound? Glad you are starting to feel a little better. We are hoping it's a boy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!!!! Congratulations you two cute cousins!!! Love you both...wait Love all THREE of you@@@

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom and Dad... Well this is actually Chris. I didn't realize that I was logged onto my parent's account!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, from Aunt Nancy and Uncle Tom:
    Congratulations! It's too bad you're going to be so far away from us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! Congratulations, Janelle! That's awesome! I had no idea that you guys were going to have a baby! I can't wait to see more about the little one. I hope you're healthy and happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woowhoo! :) Glad it's out in the open! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was checking the blog to see if you had any updates here--and realized that I hadn't commented yet on just HOW EXCITED WE ARE!!!!!! (the other Mom and Dad comments on here are from Uncle Tom's family:) We're SO HAPPY, and glad that you are starting to feel quite a bit better. You two will be wonderful parents. Love you!

    ReplyDelete