Monday, May 23, 2011

The Bump

I think my baby bump has finally decided to appear. Of course, I don't think it looks much like a baby bump yet; more like I'm just eating way too much. But I thought maybe it was time to take a picture. So I took this yesterday - at 16 weeks and 2 days pregnant.
Can you see it? It's little, but it's there. And I can't really suck it in anymore.

At my appointment 2 weeks ago, we also got an updated picture of the little one.Sorry it's blurry, but I can't figure out which setting I'm supposed to use on the camera to make it clearer.
Starting to look more like a baby, huh! My next appointment is on Thursday, and hopefully within the next couple weeks we'll be able to find out if it's a boy or a girl. My guess has been boy all along. What do you guys think?

My sick days are becoming a lot fewer and farther between. There's usually still some dry heaving every morning before breakfast, but it's not too miserable and it's become so common that I don't consider it an inconvenience anymore. And I think I've finally gained a pound! My food aversions are beginning to smooth over as well. One thing I've found interesting is that I've become a lot more fond of fruity candies since I've been pregnant (Sweetarts, Starbursts, Skittles) and I've been eating way less chocolate. It used to be that I'd eat any chocolate I could get my hands on and pass by the fruity candy. But now, most the time, I say 'no thanks' to chocolate and crave some of the fruity stuff. Plus, I'm always in the mood for some pizza or strawberries.

My obstetrician's name is Dr. Foley. He's English and just the friendliest chap we've ever met. I think I extra like him just because of his accent and the funny English words he uses that I've only ever heard before on Harry Potter. But he always makes Brent and I feel super comfortable and important at every appointment and he never seems to be in a rush to move on to other patients. It's like he's happy to give us all the time in the world to answer our questions and just get to know us better. We feel really lucky to have found him. So if you're ever looking to have a baby in Hawaii, we'd recommend Dr. Foley.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to you two! I'm so so happy for you. Your little baby bump is so precious! You look gorgeous!

    By the way....thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. It really meant a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little thing. You and the little one. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Love You, Miss You, BYE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how adorable are you? I mean really?! Thanks so much for putting a bump picture Nelle, I was so worried you weren't going to post a bump picture! The baby DOES look like a little baby! I'm even MORE excited than I was. You have a baby! And the cutest little bump I've ever seen! AND this time next month you can say your half way done with the pregnancy. Oh goodness... this is just so darn exciting I'm typing faster than usual. Anyways, your cute and I like you, and thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm all I can say is your bump is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely looking like there's a baby in there. I bet most people know you're pregnant and not just gaining weight. I love your shirt, too! Is it maternity? It's super cute. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and even gladder to hear that your OB/GYN is Professor Snape. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' the Bump-and what(who) is causing the bump-and you-and Brent. Our baby is having a baby-CRAZY!!!!!!. It sure is nice when your Dr. is someone who you really like- isn't it? I'd rather think of him as--say---Dumbledore (the first one). Really Nat??---Snape? That would be creepy wouldn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay so Joe really needs to sign his comments! Not that I don't think you and the little one are cute. And I am excited to see you and I do love you and I do miss you... but I just know it would mean so much more when you picture Joe saying it with his "excited-five-year-old" voice. Anyhow, thanks to your post I made Joe go and buy me skittles. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunt Shellee, you and my dad are so the same. He always introduces Jack as his baby's baby.

    And if the doctor was the first Dumbledore then you might run the risk of him dying before the baby is born. I think Snape is a much safer bet.

    ReplyDelete