A couple days ago, I received my diploma in the mail. I'm an official college graduate with a BS in Public Health from Brigham Young University. And I graduated Magna Cum Laude!
Even though it's a really pretty diploma, I have to admit that it all seems rather anti-climactic. I finished school in December, but had to transfer my last four credits from BYU-H back to BYU, so I didn't officially graduate until April. Of course, I couldn't make it back to Provo to walk in the commencement exercises, so it kind of just feels like I stopped going to school and all I have to show for the last four years is this piece of paper. But hopefully that'll all change in December when I'll get to walk in BYU-Hawaii's graduation ceremonies. Sure, I'll be walking at a school that I didn't even graduate from, but it's still a BYU. And, in all honesty, I think BYU-H is the coolest place ever to get to graduate from. And this is why...People in Hawaii go crazy with the lei tradition at graduation. And it's awesome. Plus- my parents, grandparents, sister, some close family friends, and maybe even a couple of my brothers will be coming in December to watch me walk, give me leis, and meet our new little baby:) Can't wait!!
Congrats my cute little friend! That's gonna be the neatest picture with you in your cap and gown holding your little baby. Anyways, I have to go stare at your baby bump picture some more. Is that creepy?
ReplyDeleteYou should hang it on the wall!
ReplyDeleteYay! Congratulations! Those leis look like they could impair your vision, so when you're getting the picture holding your cute little baby at graduation use caution. You wouldn't want to drop him or her, now, would you? Oh boy, I have so much to teach you.
ReplyDeleteI just had a thought: you're going to have a little baby for Christmas! I got really excited at that thought.
CONGRATULATIONS DARLIN'!!!!! Yes, Dad and I are very proud of you. You worked and studied hard, and really didn't miss a beat-even transfering and completing your degree at three different Universities. You experienced all three BYU's--graduating with high honors. Great job! The graduation leis at BYU-H are really amazing aren't they. The Howlies(sp?) don't seem to compare with the Polynesians, however, when it comes to numbers and stacking of leis. It will be our honor to watch you walk! AND HOLD/LOVE OUR LITTLE BABY!!
ReplyDeleteI may come to Hawaii and I may even see your new little baby but I will not give you a lei. Magna Cum Laude? That's nice and all but try for a Doctorate like me. Dr. Brady (not DAD)
ReplyDelete