Thursday, September 22, 2011

Beach Time...aka Heaven

During Brent's week off from school, we finally had time to relax at a few beaches. One evening we headed over to Sunset beach on the North Shore. The big surfing waves are definitely starting to come in again. I relaxed on a comfy beach chair, but Brent quickly decided that he could build himself a lounge spot even better than a beach chair.
I thought he looked pretty cute; contently eating his pear and watching some of the surfers. Ah I love him.

The next day we packed a lunch and headed to the other side of the island to find a beach we'd only heard about: Lanikai Beach. People have rated it as the best beach on the island with sand as fine as flour. After some searching, this is what we found.
The sand was amazing and the beautiful teal water was warmer than a heated pool. We set up camp, turned on some Jack Johnson, and enjoyed Lanikai for the entire day.
Easily our favorite beach on the island, and it wasn't even overly crowded like Waikiki. Truly paradise.

And not to disrupt the calm feeling that the pictures of Lanikai have brought over you, but I killed this bug the other day BY MYSELF and was so proud that I needed to share.
It was humongous and loud and I felt really brave afterward. That's all.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like Heaven for sure! JEALOUS! And good work on the bug, I am always proud of myself too, I do it for the kids!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I need to get myself and the hubs to Hawaii. That sand looks too good to be true! And seriously. That bug is nast. Way to go! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you take pictures of all the worst bugs. That beach is picture perfect. I want your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you made the most of Brent's time off from school. Lanikai is BEAUTIFUL-please take us there when we come for a visit. And please take care of all the scary bugs for me since you now seem pretty brave. You may become as brave as Grandma Brady if you stay in Hawaii long enough.

    ReplyDelete