Thursday, September 1, 2011

This Thing Called Pregnancy

We are officially down to less than ten weeks before baby boy makes his appearance! It's crazy and a little scary, but I can't wait. This picture was taken at 30 weeks 2 days.

I feel like I look really big in that picture, but I don't feel too big. At my doctor's appointment this week, he decided to do an ultrasound to measure the baby because I guess I'm looking smaller than I should for 30 weeks pregnant. He called it "size less than date." So I was nervous for a few minutes, but it turns out that baby is actually measuring a week and a half to two weeks bigger than 30 weeks, so he's doing great! I guess I'm just keeping him tied up nice and tight in there:) He weighed about 3 lbs. 6 oz. on the ultrasound, so the doc said if baby gains a half a pound a week (as is expected) and I make it to 40 weeks, we're looking at an 8 pound baby! Being a 4 pound baby myself, that seems humongous, so I'm hoping I either don't make it to 40 weeks or that the weight prediction is over by a pound or two! But I'll take a healthy baby boy anyway I can get it.

I just want to take a minute to write down how much I love being pregnant. I know I've had an easier pregnancy so far than a lot of other women do, and I'm starting to feel the aches and pains in my tailbone and legs and feel little feet up in my rib cage, but I just love that I have a little buddy with me constantly. I love to feel him move around at different points in the day. I love to talk to him and pray for him. And I love it when Brent talks to him and tells him that he's loved. A couple weeks ago, we were able to see him move for the first time. As we watched, my tummy would just bulge out in random places or distort for a second or two when the baby moved. I loved it and immediately became convinced that my baby is the cutest little boy ever. While it's been harder than expected to watch my butt and legs get bigger, it's easy to remind myself that it's all worth it and it's all part of this amazing blessing that's about to change our lives forever.

After completing our hospital tours and starting our childbirth class, I'm getting kind of anxious to see what labor and delivery are all about. I'm not too nervous yet, but I'm sure that will come in the next two months. Brent's in the middle of finals right now and then he has two whole weeks off of school! (He hasn't had more than a weekend off since December, so he's definitely ready for a break and some beach time!) We'll be doing a bunch of baby shopping to get the necessities before the little one arrives and we'll rearrange our bedroom so we can start decorating and setting up "the nursery." I find myself fantasizing about how beautiful the nursery would be if we had the money and space to create a room for the baby like you see in the movies (or the ones I see on Pinterest). Haha, maybe by our last baby we'll be able to do something like that. In the meantime, we'll do the best with what we have. And baby boy will have a cute little area in our room with a wall decorated just for him:) 

Two months people!! We're on the homestretch.

9 comments:

  1. Don't worry Janelle.. We don't have a nursery either. Besides, it's way easier to feed them in the middle of the night when they are right next to you. You're still looking very cute and I'm glad that you are loving pregnancy. Can't wait to meet the little guy. Oh and I don't know if Mom told you but she is bringing our gift with her. Sorry that you'll have to wait a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. janelle.. you are seriously a beautiful mama! you look great! such an exciting time! my fav is the belly watching.. when you can see babeh rollin around in your belly from the outside bulges haha.
    And hey. the best of us are poor too haha.. pinterest does that to me too. I followed you on there :) glad you mention you're on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post! I love the tenderness in the things you wrote. I can tell that the 'Motherly instinct' has definitely kicked in. I, too, loved having a constant "little buddy" with me when I was expecting--(Not that every minute of pregnancy is wonderful-by any means, but the buddy-part is sure great!) You look gorgeous and happy. I'm with Stacy, having a fancy nursery is not a necessity. He'll be just fine in with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie I know I should be studying but I decided instead to check the newest literary masterpiece via the blog!! I loved the post and love how much you love being a future mommy! It makes me even more excited:-). And I find it funny that you haven't enjoyed getting"bigger" but i must say that I don't think you've ever been more beautiful than you are right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so beautiful, and your words are so sweet! You're going to make an amazing mother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute Janelle! Thanks for showing us a picture! Sometime we need to catch up on pregnant and baby stuff. This whole 5 hours ahead kind of messes me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so dang cute. I can't believe you're 30 weeks! He'll be here in no time. He's going to be so so cute. Watching them move is the best. I remember just laying in bed and watching Jack move all night long. So fun. You almost make me miss it. Such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful girl! I'm excited he's healthy and growing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing!!! Have fun and be excited with the newness of being pregnant! I enjoyed reading your blog so I can remember what that is like, by number three, I'm just sitting here thinking "Oh my gosh 9 months is too long, just get him out!" lol, and I forget to think about how amazing the whole process is and to just have fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete