Monday, January 9, 2012

2 Months




Trooper Boy is two months old now. He weighs 10 lbs. 9 oz. and is 23 and 1/4 in. long. He's tall and skinny; 25th percentile for his weight and 75th percentile for his height. 

He's giving us tons of smiles now, especially in the mornings. He always seems to be super happy if he wakes up in the middle of the night too, which leaves me torn between putting him and myself back to bed or staying up to marvel at his cuteness. A few times he has slept 8-9 hours at night, but the usual is about 7 hours. I'm not complaining. He's a super efficient eater and usually only needs about 5-7 minutes before he's full--also not complaining. I was worried about it at first, but the doc says his weight gain is on track and sufficient.

He's interacting with us a lot more now-- likes us to play with him when he's awake. He's also cooing, which is the cutest thing ever. He loves to move his little body, as you'll see in the video. He also loves to grab things. Especially when he's eating or getting tired, he loves to have a handful of my shirt or my hair. If nothing else, he's getting pretty good at grabbing a fistful of his own hair... so I have to coax him to let go. But it's pretty cute to see him cuddled up, clenching on to my shirt with both hands as he falls asleep. In short, he is such a good baby- doesn't cry much, sleeps then eats then plays then sleeps again, goes down for naps and bedtime relatively easily- he's spoiling us. We think having him is just the funnest thing ever. For real. He's awesome.

9 comments:

  1. He looks like a little man! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle, can you believe your little boy is 2 months?? Cause I can't! Still, he's the cutest thing ever. And those kicks! How fun is that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! He is just too cute! I love his little smile. I just miss him and wish i could hold him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures make me want to fly right back over there. We missed the 'easy to get him to smile' stage by such a short time! I wish we were there, or that you guys were here. Just like Traci said, these pictures make me wish I could hold (squeeze) him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Janelle and Brent! He is just the cutest little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute boy!! 2 months goes too fast! and so does the first year hahah.. but i won't make you think about that. You're such a cute mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a kicker. Maybe a soccer player? Cute boy, and cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! He's such a cutie. His smile is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Oh I wanna meet him! This is just not fair. How are Ty and Trooper supposed to be best friends if they are missing such big milestones?

    ReplyDelete