Friday, January 27, 2012

My Graduation (..kindof..)

So it's all kind of confusing.. transfer credits, three different BYU's, finishing in December 2010, graduating in April 2011, and walking in December 2011.. long story short I graduated from BYU Provo with a BS in Public Health but got to walk at BYU-Hawaii. I'm pretty sure I got the best of both worlds: study at the school with the degree I wanted and walk at the school with the coolest tradition... leis.

Graduation Banquet

Singing Aloha 'Oe to the graduates

The honored alumnus of the evening.
Look at those beautiful leis!

Graduation Day. Dec. 17, 2011
Vendors line the street outside graduation to sell leis... fresh, candy, shell, etc.

And then we walk outside and get showered with leis from our family and friends.
Ummm... I did pretty good for a haole. And I smelled sooo good!

Remember how I said I did pretty good for a haole (white person)? 
Well, look at some of these Polynesians...

Trooper must be pretending to sleep while he tries to steal Dad's gummy bear lei that he bought for himself. Well, he says he bought it for me, but he knows I don't like gummy bears, and he was ecstatic to take it off my hands...

And then we went to celebrate at the shrimp trucks. Yes, Tra and I are wearing the same dress... we figured it wouldn't be a big deal since I'd have a gown on most of the day.

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa, Mom and Dad, Traci, Amars, and Kinoshitas for coming out to celebrate with me and Brent and Trooper. And thank you for the beautiful leis! It was absolutely wonderful having you all here and you made my Hawaiian graduation even better than I had hoped for! Love you.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. Loved this post. I'm glad you got to have your fam there. And most importantly I'm glad you got to have cute baby Trooper there. I just love the picture of you and Trooper. It somehow makes it all that much more special. I also love the pictures of Grandma Brady and her wittle Twooper boy. So cute. I just love all you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! We loved being there to celebrate your graduation with you. Extra fun to have your baby boy as part of the celebration. The tradition of giving leis is the greatest-isn't it.

    Congratulations again Sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fun update! I really enjoy seeing Trooper get bigger and bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh.. that is the coolest thing ever!!!!! so jealous of all those leis! and what a cute pic of you and baby trooper :) so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leis ARE the coolest tradition and you did a good job! That's the best part of graduation! It was fun to be there with you. My very favorite pic is the one of you in all your leis looking down at your sleeping boy. Very sweet. And, oh the food at that graduation banquet was delicious, and the shrimp was even better! I miss Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete