Friday, June 22, 2012

7 Months

Trooper turned 7 months old on the day we left Hawaii. Needless to say, there was a little too much going on that day for me to sit down and blog. But here's the quick update on our little Troop-Dog. His bottom two teeth have come in; and they're super cute. He's more smiley and giggly than ever and I love it. He's a pro at scooting/army crawling. Over the past month he's also become quite adept at pulling himself up onto his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. In the past couple days he's even crawled a few inches. I'm thinking any day now he's just going to take off. He loves to pull himself up to kneeling and standing by climbing on anything and everything. Diaper changing and dressing have become quite the wrestling match because he wants to be on his stomach and scooting away.

He's eaten all kinds of vegetables but he's getting picky! He practically choked down his last meal of squash and he won't even swallow peas. Sweet potatoes, carrots, and of course his baby oatmeal are the favorites right now. He gets super messy when he eats; mainly because he only looks at me long enough to get the spoon in his mouth then is swiveling and turning every which way to look at what's around him and grab at anything that might possibly be in his reach. He has the most expressive face and it makes me laugh. He uses his little mouth and throat to make cute/silly noises and he says "mama" all day long. He took his first dip in the pool earlier this month and warmed up to it pretty quickly. He loves being outside.


I love how adventurous and wiggly and curious he is. Seriously though, the kid will not sit still. He moves so much more than the other babies I see at church! I think it's one of the reasons he's so skinny.



Too cool for school





Enjoying his first parade at Meridian Dairy Days. Oh my gosh he's cute!

This is what I would wake up to every morning in Hawaii. Great start to every day!









A particularly stinky diaper...
Brent's ingenious solution.


We miss you, Kinoshitas!



He got his first haircut this past month! It was so past due, but there's something so hard about cutting your baby's hair! I don't know what it is... because it means he's not a newborn anymore and he's growing up?... I really don't know, but it honestly almost caused a panic attack inside me. But he looked so cute afterwards so I don't think it will be as hard from here on out.






He was such a little trooper on our trip home;) The red-eye from Hawaii to Washington went surprisingly smoothly. The flight attendants fell in love with him and even took him up to meet the captain!






4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so much cute stuff in this post. Meeting the captain?... ADORABLE. I absolutely love that. Gosh, that's dang cute. The picture of him resting his chin on his hand is the cutest thing I've ever seen. He looks so old in that picture. And pulling himself up already? Maybe I just can't remember right, but that seems really early. You're gonna have a cruiser any day now and I bet an early walker too. He's growing too fast. I believe you were supposed to keep him more babyish until I met him. Dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the one with his tongue sticking out and of him hanging out on the plane! Glad to hear he did so well! Can't wait for Kellen and Trooper to meet here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all of your posts. Your pictures turned out amazing and your thoughts about life in Hawaii were touching. Just imagine what the next adventure will bring. I know you loved Hawaii, but we are sure glad to have you here in Idaho for a few weeks-you have no idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh for cuteness...He's just adorable. Looks like he likes to fly! Love the pic of him standing next to Mom and Dad's couch. What a happy little face!

    ReplyDelete