Brent says he may want to do the hike again in a year, once he has regained his strength. So I've got a while to get into shape before the opportunity to conquer the Crouching Lion hike comes up again.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Crouching Lion
While I took a midterm on Saturday, Brent went on another hike with some friends. We had been told this was a pretty difficult hike so, in truth, I was glad when I had a real excuse to skip it. Brent was exhausted and covered in mud after the hike. He told me it was a good thing I wasn't on that hike because I wouldn't have made it (which I almost took offense to, until he told me he almost turned around himself like 15 times). After watching some of his videos of the hike, filled with people falling down hills, slipping in mud, and walking on skinny ledges with drop-offs on both sides, I was actually grateful for my midterm. Brent took some beautiful pictures though, so it was worth it. Plus, he occasionally refers to himself as "the man" now that he's talked to some other people who couldn't finish the hike.
Can you see the crouching lion?
There's just something mesmerizing about this picture.





Brent says he may want to do the hike again in a year, once he has regained his strength. So I've got a while to get into shape before the opportunity to conquer the Crouching Lion hike comes up again.
Brent says he may want to do the hike again in a year, once he has regained his strength. So I've got a while to get into shape before the opportunity to conquer the Crouching Lion hike comes up again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The crouching lion is even harder for me to decipher than the ultrasounds of Jack were. I stared for a while and I really just don't see it.
ReplyDeleteBut, WOW, it's so GREEN there. Gorgeous!
Whoa Brent is the man! What an awesome view. You can tell him that I'm totally impressed and will think of him as very manly from now on.
ReplyDeleteI could never see the crouching lion while living there, but I think I can finally see the lion in the picture you took! Thank you!
ReplyDelete