On Monday, Brent celebrated the holiday by giving surfing a second try. This is how cool our car looks when it has a surfboard strapped on top.This is me, looking ecstatic about being dragged out of bed at 7am.Brent really is happy because he found a baby lizard.Here's Brent being cool with his friend Jeremiah.And here he is out battling the waves.
In the afternoon, we drove downtown and walked along Waikiki. Waikiki is the prime tourist location on Oahu. It was fun to feel like we were on vacation. Do I look like a tourist?The street along the beach is lined with tons of shops; a lot are upscale. We stopped in at the Ferrari shop and saw this. I said "cool" and moved on, but Brent just stared with his mouth wide open for about 5 straight minutes. Then he had this look on his face for the next hour.When I could finally get him to come look around the rest of the store, we found Ferrari bikes and strollers, car seats and cologne. I had no idea Ferrari was so versatile. I found a pair of newborn Ferrari pajamas for $90. Crazy?!?
Here is the beautiful and famous Waikiki. Notice the old guy in the speedo. Oh wait, we got a close up for you.You're Welcome. Here is where the locals can store their surfboards. It's a beautiful sight, isn't it? Honestly makes me feel like we're living in paradise.
And here are just a few more pictures we've taken in the last week.
I get to be the first to comment on this post! Having been out of town, I'm behind on my commenting. YOU TWO ARE SO CUTE-AND YES, YOU ARE IN PARADISE. Glad you are enjoying it so much. Holy moly-the picture with the palm trees (and I think the top of one of the buildings at BYU-H) is gorgeous. Brent does look cool with his surfboard. How did the 2nd try at surfing go? You looking like a tourist?--Hmmm more like one of the locals:)
ReplyDeleteLove Mom B. !
Surfing? Touring? You guys are having TOO MUCH FUN! Uh, that look on Brent's face, pretty sure Kevin would mimmick it if he got to be that close to a sweet car. Haha! And p.s. cute pic of you!
ReplyDeleteHaha. I love that pic of the speedo man.... and every pic of you... I just love you!
ReplyDeleteFor a minute I thought the lizard's name was Jeremiah. I was thinking how fun and quirky that is to name the lizard. Then I realized that the text coincided with the picture below, not above.
ReplyDeleteI forgot how much I love your dark hair. You look super cute in the picture with your hat on. You're pretty.
LOVE all the pictures! Especially the palm trees on campus (beautiful picture), the lookout, and Diamondhead (that's what I choose to look at in that picture.) The pictures of you guys are great too! Love you!
ReplyDeleteJanelle! Looks like you guys are having a blast! Such cute posts!
ReplyDeleteJanelle! Guess what? I finally found your blog.... and I'm so stoked. Your adventures in Hawaii look glorious and guess what? I'm coming there for graduation!! Yep, I have my ticket and everything. So I'm pretty sure reading your blog will be the greatest thing for me the next 2 months while I wait, because let's face it, I'm counting down the days.
ReplyDeleteStoked beyond all belief?? Yes, you could say that.