In less than 48 hours I'll be in Hawaii. I'm scared to death, but I'm excited too. In the past four weeks since we moved home from Provo, we've been able to spend a lot of time with our families and we've loved it. We've gone boating and cabining (I don't know what to call that, but it doesn't feel right to call it camping when you stayed in a beautiful cabin) in Cascade, Idaho with Brent's family. We went on a baseball trip to California that included the San Diego Zoo and Knotts Berry Farm with my fam. We also became an uncle and aunt again when Brent's sister, Marshanne, gave birth to an unbelievably cute little boy named Tayson Joshua on September 2nd. He's the first grandbaby on the Lambson side so the whole family is enjoying every chance we can get to hold this tiny boy. Brent and I have been praying for him to make his appearance before we moved, and he came early for us.
The past week and a half have been spent rummaging through each and every box of our possessions and sorting out what we think is worth it to pack along with us as we move to the islands. It's been an overwhelming task, but the end is in sight and hopefully we can fit everything we need in our four huge boxes and 2 humongous bags.
In other news, congrats to my cousin Nat and her hubby Adam. They had their first baby, a boy, a couple days ago. From the pictures, Jack sure looks like a cutie. Nat and I have been close our entire lives and we became best friends when we roomed together our freshman year of college. What's great is that our husbands get along famously too and they're definitely one of our favorite couples in the world. And now they're a family of three!
And, how can I not mention Boise State's awesome win last night against VA Tech?! Glendale, AZ here we come!
So, in about 36 hours I'll board a plane and head for Oahu. We'll be staying with my dad's cousin until we find housing and we'll be driving a rental car until we can find one to buy (hopefully just a junker that will get us from one side of the island to the other.) We've got almost a week to get everything done and settled before school and my internship and real life starts.
ONE of your favorite couples??? I thought we agreed to be each other's ABSOLUTE favorites. It's okay, I still like/love you.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for pictures of Hawaii! And you'll be glad to hear that I whisper your name to Jack each night before bed and there is a picture of you in his bassinet.
Who even knew you had a blog--but then again I'm just your MOTHER!!! Did that sound rude?--Actually I'm excited that you are going to blog. AND IT IS VERY CUTE SO FAR--BY THE WAY! I like the colors a lot! A LOT, A LOT.
ReplyDeleteExciting times-glad things are working out. What a fun adventure. Love you both.