Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Pizza Pizza
If any of you have been around Brent for an extended period of time, you may have discovered his unusual fondness for pizza. Not that he wants to eat it for every meal of every day, just that it always seems to be on his mind. I'm surprised by how often he slips the word 'pizza' into everyday conversation. It always catches me off guard and makes me laugh. Well, Thursday night it was actually me who was dying for some pizza. It seemed like every commercial was for pizza and the episode of Cake Boss I was watching (our new favorite show, you ought to check it out, TLC) was all about yummy delicious pizza and a pizza-looking cake. But... we're trying to save money and ordering pizza just isn't very practical right now. Plus we don't even have an oven to make our own; although, Brent is what you might call a connoisseur of homemade pizza. So Friday, I came home from a long day in town to find Brent making me a stove-top pizza.
Isn't he a sweetie? He had searched online for a recipe to make stove-top pizza as well as yeast-free pizza dough. It turned out so delicious that we decided to make another one on Saturday night. Chicken Alfredo.
And the best part is that we didn't have to spend a dime; these were made out of ingredients that we already had.
Here's a pizza Brent created on our new pizza stone we had just gotten for our wedding. See what I mean? Connoisseur. It was delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you guys really not have an oven Janelle? That sounds like it would make life a little complicated. That pizza sure looked good though!
ReplyDeletePS: Every time I read your blog the words to that song start running through my head, and I love it cause I love that song!
ReplyDelete"Just another day in paradise..."
I'm really impressed. That looks like great pizza. I didn't even know pizza could possibly be made on a stove top. It's incredible. Well done, Brent.
ReplyDeleteWoW! Brent really is quite the creative guy huh? I just love finding recipes that I have everything in my cupboard to make! It's the best! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteThat looks so yummy!!! Love your cute blog! Lobe ya Janelle!!
ReplyDeleteThat is probably the best non-oven-made pizza ever made in Hawaii. I only say "made in Hawaii" because it probably isn't as good as the campfire pizza that we made at City of Rocks on my birthday this year.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of the campfire pizza I was just going to tell you about that because it's easy to make at home! I got this from Nat. You just get like a can of those big biscuits (the off brand is like 80 cents!) Then you smash the dough down and put the toppings on it and you can fold it over like a calzone and put it on a frying pan or just leave it flat and open like a mini pizza! It's so yummy and quick and easy! :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go Brent! It also sounds like Kelsey (Nat) have a good idea for another pizza/Calzone to try.
ReplyDeleteYour pizza looks great--and pretty amazing to be able to make it with ingredients you already have. Love you both.