So this time, Brent pulled over to take some pictures for me. I bet he's just a big, gentle giant. I like him.
On Sunday, since our church doesn't start until 2pm now (yes, 2pm) we decided to take a walk. There's a pathway at the end of our street leading up into the mountain, but it's blocked off by "No Trespassing" signs. Still, the neighbor kids go play up there all the time. So, we decided to see for ourselves what was at the end of the trail. It's just some type of water preserve, but the little hike itself was gorgeous.
While our skin may be appreciating the return of moisture in the air, some of our possessions are not. Yesterday, I pulled out my black flats and found this.
And, just in case any of you are dying for a reason to escape to Hawaii in the next month, the next Food Fest is scheduled for February 12!
Haha! That bull reminds me of the book about a bull - Ferdinand, I think is what it's called. And I thought our church was late (1:30)! That's cool that you take walks before though, we would die of frost bite if we did that right now...
ReplyDeleteP.S. and shoe shopping? LOVE THAT!
Oh, I saw a bird just like that little penguin looking thing just last week here it Rexburg. (GET IT???)
ReplyDeleteYou guys should adopt the bull. He needs a home.
I did not know shoes could mold. I liked Bullock. He's fun. Also, I just watched the blind side and I like Sandra.
ReplyDelete3 pictures of Bullock?? Wow, you really do like him. A Sunday walk before Church-nice way to spend a morning I'd say. As far as mold goes--Remember we dealt with that in Tonga too? No need to throw things away--as new things -as well as old things- will mold. Case in point--my new leather scriptures: yup, moldy. I just wiped them off with a damp cloth and they were good as new-still using them to this day. The Senior Missionaries told us to hang our clothes so that they are not tightly packed into the closet. After you wipe the mold off your shoes--try putting them out in the sun (hard on rainy days) for a while, and letting the hot sun do it's magic. It might be a good idea to ask local relatives for 'no-mold' advice.
ReplyDeleteOh Mom is so smart. I totally forgot about things molding. Actually, I don't think I ever had anything mold there in Hawaii, it must be because of something on your feet :)
ReplyDeleteI've got to agree with Traci, I don't think I ever had anything mold...hmmmm interesting...
ReplyDeleteI think I know exactly where that bull is. He was there when we lived there 5 years ago, and I don't think we ever saw him move. I'm sure he really appreciated you guys stopping and taking pictures of him. He deserves a little excitement in his boring life.